May 2020 Updates for a3.pm XMPP Services
Hello everyone, a3.pm XMPP Services had several (unannounced) downtimes today as I did some changes to a3.pm.
- I've updated the server from ejabberd 20.03 to 20.04, released 4 days ago.
- I've enabled STUN/TURN to enable Video/Audio calls. This is somewhat big. Here's the relevant issue, and a number of links explaining this. You may use this feature with Conversations. I haven't tested it yet, however if you do manage to try it out, please let me know if it works or not on email or XMPP [email protected]
- I synced the configuration on the server to the one on the repository. The actual settings were the same, but locations of them weren't, and they missed notes etc from each other. I've synced these, mostly from the repo to the server. You can find the relevant commit here.
- I've open sourced our MAM wiping systemd service/timer.
- We've updated the SSL certificate. This is a downtime we have to face roughly every 80 days.
Thanks as always for using our services, Ave
(Tags to jump to other related posts: #a3pm)